Monday, June 10, 2013

The Day is Here

It is officially June 10 and in about 12 hours I will be leaving small town Iowa and going to a giant city. Bags are packed, have said "see you later" to almost everyone, and now only a few small things stand between me and this experience of a lifetime. I know I should be sleeping, but I wanted to update everyone on my last minute thoughts and feelings before leaving the country for the first time.

To say that I am excited would be just a bit of an understatement! I am stoked. The day I have been waiting and planning for, for over six months, is finally here. It is time. Being on the SOS team and all of the meetings and preparation has been wonderful. I think I am as ready as I will ever be. Do I feel fully equipped? No, but that is where faith and trust in God comes in. Am I scared/nervous? Yes, I am leaving the country and going to another one where the language, religion, food, living conditions, skin color, and size of the city are completely different. Again, where my trust in God fits perfectly. Someone said to me that "God is the God of the whole world, so it doesn't matter if you are in Sully, India or anywhere in between, God is still watching over you and guiding you." God will be my guide and that is one thing that I know for a fact is the same.

I have a lot of emotions running through me right now. Happiness and joy for this experience, sadness in having to say goodbye (see you later), anxiety about the unknown, peace that things have gone so smoothly (minus my one freak out dealing with insurance and malaria medication) and extremely blessed to know how many people are lifting me up in prayer and the amount of wonderful conversations I have gotten to have this past week.

A few specific prayer requests for the beginning of this journey....
-safety and health
-smooth transition to a new culture
-for my family and friends here at home
-easy relationship building with the people
-Christ's love to be visible through me
-a meaningful and impactful experience for myself and the other two girls on my team as God works in our lives
-God's guidance, peace and strength

If you would like to contact me while I am in India, you can email me at darci.jansen10@gmail.com. I would love to hear from you!

I am ready to go and love the people of India! The time is here.


No comments:

Post a Comment