Thursday, July 11, 2013

Blown Away

WOW!!! That is all I can say about this past week. Honestly, I do not have the words to explain or describe everything that has happened this past week, but I can tell you one thing…it's been the best week yet! God continually blew me away this week on every level imaginable. I'm going to try and give you a brief overview of the week, but it won't be the full stories because i don't have enough time and right now, I don't know how to put everything into words. I will do my best summarize, but there are definitely some amazing stories to share when I get back. :) 

Thursday-Some of the girls did my hair at the stitching center and we had life skills class. We discussed what they thought the biggest problems and fears in their slum were…so insightful. We had tuitions which I always love and it is fun to see the kids multiple times a week. It was the 4th of July so we had our own celebration by having beef, watching an American movie and eating candy. 

Friday-While we were at the hospital, the three of us had some great conversations and got to know each other even better. We also got to spend a good amount of time talking with some of our favorite patients and learning more about their lives. At the aftercare center, the women did a watercolor emotions painting activity which said a lot about the feelings and reality these girls are facing. I sat with a group of about 4 and they were beginning to open up which was awesome but also broke my heart. We went out for supper to a fun Indian restaurant. Also, a lady who was visiting from the states brought us chocolates so we were pretty happy:)

Saturday-If I had to pick the best day of my time in India, I think this would be the one. This won't do it justice because there are so many stories about the day. I saw a monkey (which I really wanted to see at least one while I was here). We went to the orphanage and I got to play volleyball, sing worship songs, and hangout with the kids. Kids, volleyball, and music…3 of my favorite things all together!!! That night, saw Despicable Me 2 in 3D in the nicest theater I've ever been in. (Kind of had culture shock all over again when walking through the mall to get to the theater. Felt a lot like America.)

Sunday-our awesome team of 6 arrived and we had church. Both of which were huge blessings. The team is fantastic and such a huge encouragement. We've only known each other for a week, but it will be difficult to say good-bye on Sunday. 

Monday-this was our 1 month anniversary…crazy, I know! For the first time, we got to go out by ourselves which was so cool. We know we can survive in India:P In the afternoon, we went shopping and out to eat with the team. 

Tuesday-Had a prayer time over the house in which God was so powerful! We did nails at the stitching center and made bracelets with the women. It was a nice change of pace and something that we could all do together, making relationships even stronger. One of the girls specifically made a bracelet for me. (There is a big story behind that). We had tuitions again and our translator made us an amazing Indian dinner. 

Wednesday-The team spoiled us with desserts and chocolate while we made hygiene kits for all of the women at the centers. At the stitching center, I really connected with a new girl. She did my hair and designed my henna while we talked. She opened up a lot to me during that time, and I am still processing a lot of it.  

Thursday-went to IJM (International Justice Mission) in the morning…so cool to see how God is working through them as well. Got to play games with the patients at the hospital and cleaned in the orphanage. 

That is a VERY BRIEF overview of my week. Sorry if it doesn't make sense-i typed it super fast and a lot of it I am still processing. I cannot believe I only have about 2 weeks left on this journey…time is flying by. I know for a fact, it is not going to be easy to leave this country. 

Here are some prayer requests for the week…
-God would continue to work in amazing ways and that my eyes would be open to seeing them. 
-Give thanks for a fantastic week, true joy, and an amazing team. 
-that God will make the path clear for the necessary steps to take to have our own aftercare center
-the women would continue to open up to us
-Strength and wisdom when talking with the women
-that we would continue to give God all of the glory for the work He is doing
-Continued safety and health

Scripture that really spoke to me this week: Romans 15:13 and 1 John 4:7-21

Thank you all so much for your prayers! I can feel it here. I cannot wait to share stories with everyone when I return to the states. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment