Wednesday, July 17, 2013

"I am the vine, you are the branches"

Last week was crazy with 11 people living in the house, but it was such a fun week. It was a lot busier than usual but so many blessings came out of it. The beginning of the is week has been a lot of down time recovering from last week. It is getting more and more difficult to put into words and share everything that God is doing here. I'm doing a lot of processing and taking it all in. No doubt are there tons of stories, but it is so difficult to share via internet. But I wanted to share as best I could some of the blessings, stories, and happenings of this past week.

-Relationships at the aftercare center are growing so much. We've been there twice in the past week and both times were so enjoyable. Friendships have definitely formed. The girl I have gotten closest to asked me for a Bible on Friday, so we gave here one on Tuesday. i will never forget the smile on her face when she received it.

-Hanging out with the kids at the orphanage is always a blessing and highlight of my week. They are always so full of energy and joy:)

-We went shopping and out for dinner on Saturday with the team. They left on Sunday night. It was tough to see them go. We only knew each other for a week, but what a huge blessing they were. God placed them here at the perfect time, and they brought us so much joy and encouragement. We made some great memories together. (They also spoiled us like crazy:P)

-Random story: When we were out to eat on Saturday night, as we were leaving, a girl probably about 18 years old came up to our group and asked us to sing Happy Birthday to her uncle. Yes, we thought it was rather strange, but we did it anyway:)

-Our last dinner with the team we made and ate in the dark because the power went out which is a very normal occurrence here in India.

-Conversations with people at ministry sites and church have been so amazing and encouraging.

-Monday was a rest and recovery day, so we got to go to one of our favorite restaurants, go grocery shopping, watch a movie and hangout. It was a very much needed day.

-Tuesday, we spent the whole day with Jill because it was our last day together. We did a lot of fun things and then went with her to ministry in the afternoon. At night, we had a celebration/appreciation night for Jill and Lydia because it was our last night all together. (Jill left Wednesday for her visa run and comes back the day we leave, so saying goodbye to her was very tough.)

-Wednesday night, I taught tuitions by myself. I love those kids no matter how chaotic it may be :)

That is just a few of the happenings from the week. I cannot even believe that I only have 10 days left in India.

Here are some specific prayer requests for the last few days…
-that I would be fully present
-continued health and safety
-for all of the people I've formed relationships with and how to handle leaving without hurting people
-our future aftercare center
-open heart, eyes, and mind

"I am the Vine, you are the branches." Jesus said in John 15. This is the passage that we have been studying in depth during group devotions. He goes on to say, "If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."  I have grown to love this passage and it has proved to be true over and over again throughout my time. Everyday, God continues to produce more fruit and my prayer is that it will be fruit that will last even after I have to leave.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers! I cannot wait to talk to you all soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment